Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Starting Small

So alhumdulilah over the past few months I have had the time to work on something I love...crafts!!  I have been busy making Ramadan and Eid decorations for my home, and I also started an Etsy shop to share my creations with fellow Muslims.  My husband and I have a young daughter who is going to be 2 years old in December insha'Allah.  For us, it is important to raise her with a sense of awe and wonder when it comes to our religion.  For children, it is hard to understand the theological and spiritual aspect of our religion, but they do understand experiences with colour and excitement.  For us, we want to bring to her the beauty of Islam from a young age.  This is especially important during the holy month of Ramadan, and both Eid il Fitr and Eid ul Adha.  We want her to develop a sense of joy and excitement for these special occasions and to look forward to marking these days with family and friends.  (Sorry for the ramble...I do have a point). So for these reasons, this year we decided to decorate our home for the month of Ramadan, as well as Eid itself.  I discovered that there really aren't a ton of options when it comes to decorations, especially for my shabby chic/vintage style.  Therefore I decided to create some decorations myself.  I will share with you a couple of photos of our home this past Ramadan.  I hope you enjoy xo



No comments:

Post a Comment